..bubble bubble toil and trouble....




eh!




tis S.C.O.R.C.H.I.O!

Bleeding heck, more sunshine than you can shake a stick at......

Just off work for this week, a stay at home summer holiday, though I am already missing the the AC at work. Best in the bulding, guaranteed 18 degrees, send shivers down your spine :D

......stepping back for a while, concentrating on me and mine with a bit of rest and recuperation....













o Mikey mansions is going green these days, with a host of new house plants.....a money plant, peace lily and something else I'm not sure what but its a climber so should be good....







Being at home this week, I'll be doing some cooking and baking to follow on from the runaway success of the blueberry and pineapple pie I made the other week. Even had enough left of the fruit to make a delicious compote thing for putting on ice cream, blueberry heaven in a jar :D




And it was Pride today in London, though I didn't make an appearance. Denise was down at the Broken Rainbow stall in Trafalgar Square and came back hot and tired. Central London in this heat is not to be recommended, still a successful day even if they ran out of promotional material after an hour. Pride is so big these days, and its pushed as a party so straights and tourists and even straight tourists love to join in the fun. Still......40 years now.....no time to be complacent!







I well remember 2007, with the first appearance of Spectrum (Haringey as it was known then) and the rain and smiles and mad vibe of it all. It would have been something to go this year, catch up with some folks and make new friends but for me, I just felt like peace and quiet, just me and the squirrels, blue tits, pigeons and the occasional confused bumblebee buzzing on through....working on something special as well.....

This is no pipes and slippers blog though! I'm recharging these old batteries and girding my loins anew for the year ahead (whatever loins are....).

This year I will

bake a fabulous cake for all my friends to enjoy
get something special off the ground (wait and see....more will be revealed soon, I hope)
leave this city for a real break, possibly using me passport this time....
learn to write letters again.....who needs email ?

not generally the time of year for resolutions, only these are more the good stuff and aiming higher than just planning on getting my weight down, giving up smoking or learning a new language (mind you, they're not bad ideas either :D )

No comments:

Search This Blog